Opportunities and challenges for IoT in the global Retail Supply Chain industry, with Girish Dhaneshwar
2021-05-04 21 min
Zusammenfassung & Show Notes
Girish Dhaneshwar, Consulting Practice Leader for Retail, Consumer Goods, and Travel & Hospitality at Cognizant, gives us an insight into how IoT has affected the Retail Supply Chain industry, why IoT is gaining importance in the retail supply chain, and which areas of retail supply chain use IoT solutions to solve their problems and why. He also shares his opinion on what can determine whether your IoT products will be successful in getting adopted and accepted in the industry and gives us an idea about what mistakes to avoid.
I would like to clarify that the podcast focuses on Girish’s personal opinions, and his statements are, in no manner or fashion, representative of Cognizant as a company.
Today’s episode talks about:
- Three defining characteristics of the retail supply chain: the main goal of retailers, the complexity of supply chains, and the humungous scale of global supply chains.
- The underlying asset that drives the three characteristics of supply chains: data.
- Four buckets of IoT use cases in Retail Supply Chains: inventory management, track and trace, cost-saving strategies, demand sensing and planning.
- Challenges in IoT adoption in supply chains and the direct and indirect costs of IoT adoption to your customers.
- Barriers to entry in the IoT market and three fundamental guiding principles for IoT entrepreneurs